Lesson 7: the rest + full project journey
There are several different stages that you will go through on your wellness journey as you move to being restored by rest.
It’s important to know which stage you are at. Why? Because knowing which stage you are at will help you to determine your next steps.
Stage 0 - Shalom, An Introduction Into Peace, Wellness, and Rest
- Get clear on the definition of rest
- Understand how rest restores
- Learn how creating space for rest and renewal helps you draw peace, wholeness, blessing, and connection to the Lord and other Christ-followers.
- Pick a Bible verse for the season that will help you connect with God
Stage 1 - The Foundations of Spiritual Order
- Move from a works-based faith to a worship-based faith
- Get quiet so your body and soul can be led by the Holy Spirit
- Choose one way to begin practicing stillness this season
Stage 2 - Fight Fatigue with Rest
- Stop living with burnout from your busy schedule and choose to take control of unhealthy habits
- Undue decision fatigue with methods to create more order within your weekly schedule
- Practice Sabbath Rest; it is one of the most important decisions you will make that will determine the rest of your days, weeks, and years
- Carve out space to intentionally spend time with God by picking a Sabbath day of rest for your week. Put this day on your calendar and challenge yourself to stick to this day each week of the month.
Stage 3 - Find Your Focus
- Determine your WIN (What’s Important Now) out of the eight areas that influence your wellness journey
- Find your focus for the season you are in
- Eliminate non-essentials and set boundaries to protect your time
Action Step: Focus on your WIN by sticking to the boundaries you’ve intentionally set in your schedule this season
Stage 4 - FAST40
- Practice fasting the areas that are distracting you from your focus
- Create consistency with what you choose to consume or not to consume
- Learn how fasting is an ancient tool for rest and restoration so you can live within spiritual order
Action Step: Choose one stronghold to fast this season.
Stage 5 - Fuel Spiritual Freedom
- Silence internal struggles and external demands
- Gain confidence in your identity being in Christ
- Rest and create margin for creativity, connection, and celebrating our purpose
Circle which stage you are currently in.
Don’t try to move through all these stages at once. Identify and focus on the stage you are at, and the next steps you need to take to progress through that stage. You will cycle through your wellness journey again and again but these stages will help you find rhythm and restoration.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30